Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Our Family's Biggest Homeschool Blessings

Homeschooling has truly blessed our family in many different ways. Some of these blessings were unexpected, while some of them were totally expected and anticipated.

1.) The ability to travel with my husband: We started homeschooling before my husband started pipelining, but homeschooling has allowed us the freedom and flexibility to travel with him. His jobs last anywhere from 2 months to 8 or 9 months at a time. If we weren't homeschooling, we would either have the kids in school, moving around from school to school as we moved around, or we would not be able to travel with him.

2.) Sibling relationships: My children are around each other literally all the time. They don't always get along perfectly, but they know so much about each other from hanging out constantly, and they are truly best friends. I know this is because we homeschool and also because we travel with my husband, so are "alone" quite a bit {meaning, no friends and family to visiti with}.

3.) I have learned so much: I have learned more {and remembered more} in the years I've been homeschooling than in all of the years I attended public school! I enjoy learning and teaching my children, and I really enjoy being able to answer questions on Jeopardy! When my husband asks, "How do you know that?" I can say "Homeschooling!".

4.) Being on the School House Review Crew: This has been an unexpected blessing, and I am so thankful for all of the wonderful resources and curriculum I have been introduced to. I have reviewed several things that I have always wanted {Math-U-See, Logic of English, and more} and discovered how much I love them. It is a blessing being a member of the Crew!

5.) Seeing spiritual growth in my children: I can see firsthand how my children are growing in their walks with the Lord, correct any behaviors that don't line up with our beliefs, and answer any questions my children have about religion. I want them to be able to find their own relationship with God, but I do like being able to assist them as needed.

Click below to see some of the other Crew member's homeschool blessings! {This link won't be live until May 13th.}

Our Biggest Homeschool Blessing is

5 comments:

  1. I think my list would be too long to post! Homeschooling has been a beautiful life changer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that I get to keep learning so much! My kids teach me something new each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see our young grow in the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share in many of the same homeschool blessings. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we can travel with my hubby too when he has to for work. I also love being a part of the Crew. This is our first year and it is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete