Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Menu Plan {July 27 - August 1}

I thought posting a weekly menu for supper may be helpful to someone. I know I get stuck sometimes not knowing what to cook or how to cook it! I try to cook 2 chicken, 2 beef, and 1 pork or meatless meal a week. I don't always succeed with that variety though. This week is 1 chicken meal, 3 beef and 1 pork, but next week may be 3 chicken meals to make up for it!

Monday: Baked Ranch & Herb Chicken; lima beans with bacon; rice medley; garlic bread

Tuesday: Roast with Potatoes and Onions; green beans or salad; toast or biscuits

Wednesday: Red beans and Rice with Sausage; corn bread muffins

Thursday: Baked Ziti; corn; green beans or salad; cheesy garlic bread

Friday: Tacos {soft or crunchy}; refried beans

Saturday: leftovers!!

Our lunches are usually pretty easy. We have sandwiches several times a week. We will have corndogs, chicken nuggets, or hot dogs a few times a week.

For breakfast, I always have frozen waffles, pancakes, sausage patties and links; eggs; cereal and milk; or toast with Nutella or cheese. Breakfast has to be easy and quick, and the kids are in charge of cooking or fixing it.

Our snacks are oranges, apples, applesauce, peanut butter and crackers, and cookies. I occasionally bake brownies or cupcakes to enjoy.

Especially with homeschooling, I have to fix quick meals. I am not the healthiest, crunchiest mom, but my kids are all very healthy, at normal weights, and we do eat a variety of foods {just not every day}.

No comments:

Post a Comment